Skip to main content

Evernote Quick Tip -- Keyboard shortcuts




Evernote has some keyboard shortcuts to help you get information into Evernote quicker.  The following shortcuts are for Windows Desktop :



Function

Shortcut
Create a new noteCtrl + N
Create a new notebookCtrl + Shift + N
Paste the contents of the clipboard as a new noteCtrl + Alt + V
Paste from the clipboard with
unformatted text
Ctrl + Shift + V
Paste from the clipboard with original formattingCtrl + V
Create a new tagCtrl + Shift + T
Check spellingF7
Insert a check-boxCtrl + Shift + C
Create a bulleted listCtrl + Shift + B
Create a numbered listCtrl + Shift + O
Insert a horizontal lineCtrl + Shift + -
To center textCtrl + E
Add a hyperlinkCtrl + K
Remove a hyperlinkCtrl + Shift + R
Create a new saved searchCtrl + Shift + S
Reset searchCtrl + Shift + A
Rename a saved searchF2
Find in EvernoteWin + Shift + F
Start screen capture mode. (You can use the Web Clipper to get a screen capture from a website or you can right click on the Evernote icon to start the screen capture mode as well).Win + PrintScreen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Evernote, Hello OneNote

What?  I'm leaving Evernote behind! As most of you know I have been a huge Evernote supporter from the beginning and I have had a paid membership from the beginning {until October 1st}.    There has been a lot of talk about Evernote not lasting much longer because they have been making a lot of changes and letting people go.   That got me thinking about what I would do if they did cease to exist.   I started looking at all of my options and the best option, for me, is OneNote.   I already have it on my computer and it is free.   I can use OneNote on my desktop, laptop, phone, and table all for free.   I can still use tags {a bit different than what I am use to but it works and I am finding that I really don't need that many tags}.   I can still search for things and actually find what I am looking for.   I can still clip stuff from the web using the OneNote clipper.   I'm currently working on moving notes from Evernote to OneNote.   It can be a bit tedious but t

How I Use Evernote for My Genealogy.

NOTE: 2 Feb 2014 -- Link updated to shared notebook ______________________________________________________________________ Today I did a Google+ hangout on air about  Evernote for Genealogy .   Once I watched the video I saw that I was not a very good cameraman! Hopefully this will clear up any questions you may have. How I use Evernote for my genealogy. I use Evernote to store everything including my genealogy research. You want to use Evernote in a way that makes sense to you.  Tags, notebooks, no tags or no notebooks; do whatever works the best for you. Notebooks  (the  blue  box) Notebooks are sorted alphabetically so if there are notebooks you want at the top of your list you can use ! or @ or ~ in front of your notebook title.  In my image, for example, I have my INBOX notebook with an ! in front to keep this notebook at the top of the list.  I use a ~ to keep my GENEALOGY notebook stacks together.  I have an ARCHIVE notebook and in front of

Marine Casualty Card Database

While I was writing Top 10 Blog Posts for 2019 I discovered that my top post was US Marine Casualty Cards from 2014.  Wow!  {There is also an update to the original post here  where I show some more information that was sent to me.}  I went back to read the post and discovered that the links no longer work.  I did a little digging and found a link to the Casualty Card Database at the Marine Corps University website.  At this site you click on the war you want to search and download a searchable spreadsheet.  Once you locate your Marine you send an email to request the card.  There are also links to download information about what the codes mean on the cards. I also found that you can search the U.S. Marine Corps Casualty Index, 1940-1958 , at Ancestry.com.  It gives the casualty date, type, unit, and service number.  There is a link to go to another website from the Ancestry database but that link does not work. {I believe it is the same as the link from my original post